Continual Professional development at Archbishop Sentamu Academy
CPD At Archbishop Semtamu Academy is based around the needs of both staff and students.
It is based around the following:
• Quality Assurance (observation, book trawl, lesson plan trawls)
• feedback (usually based on observation)
• an emphasis on peer support rather than leadership by supervisors
• scope for teacher participants to identify their own CPD focus
• the use of external expertise linked to school-based activity
• processes to encourage, extend and structure professional dialogue
processes for sustaining the CPD over time to enable teachers to embed the practices in their own classroom settings.
CPD is a continuous process and will reflect changes in educational research, changes to the curriculum and changes to safeguarding staff and students.